Stage 7 brought today the Tour of Rwanda 2013 to an exciting conclusion with five circuit laps around downtown Kigali.
The Algerian Azzedine Lagab saw his chance in the 4th climb, attacking a group of three others riders, the French Nicolas Lefrançois and the Algerian Hichem Chabane. Azzedine Lagab was aggressive on the descent, getting an initial gap of 20’’ due do his efforts. He then held on to a 1’40’’ gap with a fantastic solo ride. He claimed in Kigali his 2nd Tour of Rwanda stage win after Friday in Nyamagabe, while Dylan Girdlestone won the 5th Tour of Rwanda after finished 3rd in 2011 and 2nd in 2012.
GC Final Standing
- Dylan Girdlestone (RSA) South Africa National Team
- Louis Meintjes (RSA) of Team MTN-Qhubeka
- Metkel Eyob (ERI) of AS.BE.CO Cycling Team
- Azzedine Lagab (ALG) of National Team Algeria
- Hichem Chabane (ALG) of National Team Algeria
- Aron Debretsion (ERI) of AS.BE.CO Cycling Team
- SKOL Stage Winner Jersey – Azzedine Lagab (ALG) of National Team Algeria
- MINISPOC Leader Jersey – Dylan Girdlestone (RSA) of South Africa National Team
- COGEBANQUE of the Mountains Jersey – Metkel Eyob (ERI) of AS.BE.CO Cycling Team
- COGEAR of Best Team Jersey – AS.BE.CO Cycling Team (ERI)
- RDB of Best Rwandan Rider Jersey – Jean-Bosco Nsengiyumva (RWA) – Rwanda Karisimbi
- MONEYGRAM of Best Fair Play Rider Jersey – Richard Laizer (TAN) of National Team Tanzania